Ponytails are everyone's favorite timeless hairstyle. They are the easiest and quickest go-to hairstyle. You only need an elastic band in hand to make a simple, classic ponytail. You can use clip-in ponytails, to add more volume. Compared to other types of hair extensions, ponytails are very easy to use. There are a few creative ways you can wear a ponytail. These stylish ponytails are a perfect solution for both casual and formal outings.
Long Romantic Ponytail
A classy way of wearing your pony. Using clip extensions of about 3-4 clip wefts are okay to do.
- Tie your hair to a low ponytail
- Clip the wefts one by one around it.
- For the first weft clip it as close as possible to the elastic band to find room for the remaining wefts.
- Make the wefts tight and secure the ponytail using a hair tie.
- After everything is alright, you may now start creating soft curls with your ponytail.
- Gently brush it out afterward.
Sleek High Ponytail
A stylish way to rock a ponytail.
- Create a small ponytail just at the crown of your head.
- Take a weft and clip it around the base of your pony close to the elastic band and the same with the other wefts.
- Make it a point to tighten all the clips.
- Gather all your remaining hair into a high pony and make sure to cover the base of the clip in wefts. Smoothen your hair and keep any flyaways.
- Take a small section of your hair and wrap it around the base to conceal the elastic.
You can play around with this style.
- Clip in your wefts in the same manner as with the previous techniques.
- Part your hair mid-way and then flip it upside down.
- Leave enough strands at the nape of your neck and use them to cover the clip wefts later.
- Continue to clip in the remaining wefts but this time do it upside down.
- Gather up all your hair into a high pony.
- Pull random sections of your ponytail and tease them.
- Loosen up your ponytail a little bit by tugging at the top of your hair or the crown.
Double Twisted Ponytail
Perfect ponytail for a classic look.
- Split your hair in two.
- Bring the right part to the front.
- Work on the back with the left section.
- Wist the hair on the left side up to about half your hair and secure it using an elastic band.
- Redo the process for the right part of hair but now, twist starting from the right towards left.
- Twist the two sections to create a strong effect.
- Finally, secure the two sections using another hair elastic band.
Fishtail ponytail has a great bohemian vibe.
- First, brush your hair into a ponytail and then tie it using an elastic.
- Take a small section from left side to right side.
- Redo it but now with the proper side crossing over the left side.
- Repeat the process all through up to the end of the braid.
- Go back over the twist and pull on the edges to make the braid more full.
Giant Wrap Ponytail
This a perfect and straightforward hairstyle for an everyday pony.
- Brush your hair backward, and gather it all together to put in a ponytail.
- Wrap a big chunk of hair around the base of the ponytail.
- On the bottom, use a lot of bobby pins to secure it.
- On the top, everywhere to ensure the ponytail is secure.
- For some volume at the top of your head, use the bottom of a comb to make a few sections lose at the top.
Bubble ponytail is a twist on a classic hairstyle.
- Take an elastic and slide it up about an inch from the base of your ponytail
- Repeat step 1 by moving down an inch each time you apply an elastic band
- Make sure the elastics or rubber bands are small enough that they create the bubble in the ponytail without having to twist twice
- Also, fluff each section before you apply the elastic to make sure it gives you a nice bubble effect
Braid your ponytail. If you have hair is short, make it a bit longer.
- Apply hair glue to the weft
- Begin wrapping the weft around the end of the brain
- Continue steps 3-4 making sure you brush the extensions out to prevent tangles
- Take your time to ensure your ponytail looks neat
- Once you reach the base of your ponytail secure the end of the extension with hair glue
- Take a section of the expansion, spray with holding spray, and wrap it around the base of the ponytail
- Put it in place with the help of bobby pin
- Use some hairspray and oil to keep the hair in place as well as boost shine
Wrap A Ponytail
- Pull up your hair and make a high ponytail
- Put your scarf out on a flat surface
- Fold the scarf to form a triangle
- Fold the pointed end of the triangle over to meet the opposite edge of the scarf
- Wrap the scarf around your head and tie it three times in front
- Twist the scarf tail ends and tuck into the scarf
Short Hair Ponytail
An ingenious way to give your short hair a ponytail. Tease the crown section of your hair if you want extra volume
- Using your elastic band, create a low ponytail and leave the hair loose on the sides.
- Pull tight on your ponytail without compromising amount
- Use bobby pins to secure the free sides of your hair to the top base of the ponytail.
- To create fullness tease the ends of the hair
- Use a headband to add more interest to your style
- Spray with a small amount of hairspray to keep everything in place