The great thing about our hair extensions is that if you take care of them well, they can last for more than a year. Of course, proper storage for when the hair is not in use is crucial for keeping your extensions in good enough shape to last a long time.
For clip-in extensions, you’ll want to follow the steps listed below for proper storage:
- After removing the hair extensions, make sure that the clips are closed shut. Any open clips could snag on loose strands and begin to pull the hair out of the weft.
- Carefully brush the extension using either a wide-tooth comb or a detangling brush. Begin at the ends; once smooth, go up a couple of inches and brush downwards. Keep brushing until you’ve reached the clips and everything is smooth.
- If your extensions are wet or damp, let them fully air dry before storing them to prevent mold or bacteria growth.
- Carefully place the extensions in a storage container. Choose one that is long enough to hold the extensions completely flat. Folding or piling the hair will result in unwanted kinks that you’ll need to style out later.
- Keep a close eye on your storage environment. The container should be stored in a cool, dry place, such as a closet or in a dresser drawer. Keep the box away from heat and sunlight.
SHOP FULL HEAD CLIP IN EXTENSIONS